If you are a teenager or like vibrant colors or are bored with the old-fashioned, then It is time to know how to dye Basketball Shoes.
I will explain the step-by-step process of how to paint basketball shoes perfectly so that it doesn’t affect all the significant properties of the basketball shoes. There are many ways by which you can dye or paint sports sneakers.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How To Dye Basketball Shoes – Step By Step Process
- 1.1 Step # 1 – Select Your Favorite Color
- 1.2 Step # 2 – Do Some Testing Before Applying On Basketball Shoes
- 1.3 Step # 3 – The Dyeing Process
- 1.4 Step # 4 – Dye Some Fabric Or T-shirt
- 1.5 Step # 5 – Dye Your Basketball Shoes
- 1.6 Step # 6 – Rinse The Sneaker
- 1.7 Step # 7 – Dry Your Basketball Shoes
- 1.8 Quick-Step – How To Change The Color Of Your Basketball Shoes With Spray Paint
- 1.9 Final Verdict
How To Dye Basketball Shoes – Step By Step Process
Dyeing of the basketball process compromising on eight steps and the list of that Steps has written below
- Step # 1 – Select Your Favorite Color
- Step # 2 – Do Some Testing Before Applying On Basketball Shoes
- Step # 3 – The Dyeing Process
- Step # 4 – Dye Some Fabric Or T-shirt
- Step # 5 – Dye Your Basketball Shoes
- Step # 6 – Rinse The Sneaker
- Step # 7 – Dry Your Basketball Shoes
- Quick-Step – how to change the color of your basketball shoes with spray paint
Let’s discuss these points one by one in detail.
Step # 1 – Select Your Favorite Color
The First Step of basketball shoe dyeing is brainstorming which colors you like and look good on your sneakers. Please also keep in mind that some light colors will act differently. For example, if you like the Green color, which you want to dye on your sports shoes, but the boots already had some yellow portion, then That yellow portion will become Lime color. So The color selection is essential with respect to your shoe color and the color you want to dye.
If you want to color your shoes as per your own choice, you should go but the pure white color shoes to avoid such a problem.
Step # 2 – Do Some Testing Before Applying On Basketball Shoes
As every Material has its dyeability properties. The same green color has a different shade on the upper Material and bottom sole, even on supper synthetic material and the textile material.
So it is strongly recommended that you should check your dyeability on your old shoes.
Step # 3 – The Dyeing Process
There are many sports sneakers dyes available in the market, and every Dye has its procedure and process time depending upon the characteristics of the Dye. I am explaining the general SOP for dyeing the sports shoes. You must follow the specific dye procedure which you are applying to your shoes.
- Mix the Dye in a certain amount of water and stirrer for a specific time
- Heat the solution. Heating Time and temperature depend upon the Dye
- Put the shoes into the dye bath and wait for some time
- Take out the shoes from the dye bath and put them at room temperature for some time.
Always follow the safety precautions mentioned on the product safety data sheet.
Step # 4 – Dye Some Fabric Or T-shirt
After dyeing the shoes, there is some solution left in the dye bath. You can use this dye solution for the dyeing of some old T-shirts and some other stuff.
Step # 5 – Dye Your Basketball Shoes
After the successful experiment with your old basketball shoes, now it’s time to dye your new shoes in your favorite color. The process will be the same as described above.
Step # 6 – Rinse The Sneaker
After dyeing, rinsing is the first step you must follow for the proper, patch-free, and smooth dyeing shade. Don’t squeeze the shoes for rinse. Follow the dye manufacturer instruction or the market trend procedure.
Step # 7 – Dry Your Basketball Shoes
After rinsing, the last step in basketball shoe dyeing is drying the shoes. It is the most critical step. It might be a possibility that drying with hot air and high temperature might affect the characteristics of the shoes. The room temperature drying has highly recommended.
Quick-Step – How To Change The Color Of Your Basketball Shoes With Spray Paint
It is the quickest way to paint your basketball shoes. You need the sound quality of Shoe spray paint.
Firstly you choose the color of your choice.
2ndly, Spray the paint on your shoes. If you want to paint in a specific area, you have to cover the other area with the help of any adhesive tape.
3rdly you have to spray the paint in one side stroke to get the even pint.
4thly repeat the 3rd process till you get the shade of your own choice
If you are a professional NBA or another league player, your primary objective is to get basketball shoes with excellent features, not shoes with vibrant colors. So never dye your professional match shoes; you can dye your practice shoes or the old shoes.
Dyeing the shoes in the hot bath might deteriorate the properties such as breathability will reduce, Material become stiff and harsh.